This week we talked about step families and how to make it work. What I want to share today is actually not on that topic, but something that was said during that discussion. On Wednesday Sister Williams (our teachers wife) came and they talked about their own life example since when they married she already had two children. What she said really made an impression on me.
There was a question about when they were dating and how it worked with her having kids and such. Basically she told us that the kids still came first and the decision to date anyone (much less marry!) was a decision that had to be made with her kids in mind. She had to assess whether or not that man would be a good father to her children, provide for them etc and also that they worked together as a couple. After all, that is the main and basic system in the family, if they didn't work well, chances are the family as a whole wouldn't either.
This made me realize that we should all take those decision just as seriously, after all we all have spirit sons and daughters looking down on us. The man we chose to marry will be own kids father.. if I had kids now I would be taking dating and marriage pretty seriously (yes, with lots of fun mixed in ;) just no rash decisions) yet I know my kids are in heaven waiting their turn to come down to me. The man I chose will be their father and my husband for eternity.
That is an amazing thought. Scary perhaps. But completely amazing at the same time.
Hey girl, I love your posts ... I blog stalk you, don't worry about it ... seriously, though, you write about things that actually matter. I love that. Hope you're doing well! Let's party again soon, ok?
ReplyDeletegilead in bloom