"Through all of living have much joy and laughter, life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Lord's University

This is my last semester at BYUI and I am starting to realize how much I am truly going to miss this place!!  The past few years have been some of the very best. I have made so many wonderful friends, learned new and refreshing information, learned how to manage my time while including daily prayer and scripture study away from home, met the man of my dreams, and grown in countless other ways. I wouldn't trade these years for anything!! 

One of my favorite things about studying at BYUI is the great blessing I have to be able to start each class with a prayer and be able to talk about the role of religion in any and all subjects. It has blessed my life in so many ways! I remember back to my first semester when taking anatomy and physiology and my professor talked about the healing power that Christ has etc. and I was so amazed! There is such a different spirit on this campus then anywhere else I have been. I have felt so extremely blessed to be trained at the Lord's university. The Holy Ghost has helped me every time I went in to the testing center, as I studied before that, while I prepared for class, and countless other times. He has taught me additional information that has benefited me and my personal progression.

I have met soo many people that have impacted my life for the better.  All of my roommates have taught me so much, I have been so lucky to live with such wonderful people! Some of them will be lifelong friends and people I will turn to when I need a friend.  I was able to go to school with Jake for a year, which was also an amazing experience. I am so glad he was able to come while I was here! There have been many other people who have entered in my life, but I still remember walking into Environmental Stewardship class and thinking it was going to be another boring science foundation class, but was surprised to learn that the love of my life was sitting a few rows behind me. He has helped me grow in so many ways, and I am so excited to be able to marry him and continue growing with him throughout eternity. Dan is the best man I know, and my very best friend. I am so grateful that my Heavenly Father placed him in my life and has made it possible for us to be together for eternity. 

Now let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we? ...
Fall 2009
March 2010
Spring 2010
October 2010
February 2011
February 2011
March 2011
May 2011
Summer 2011
June 2011
May 2011
July 2011
Fall 2011
December 2011
Winter 2012
Winter 2012
Winter 2012
September 2012
October 2012
Dan and Laura Bates -- Coming December 21, 2012 :)
In this past General Conference President Eyring gave a talk called Where is my Pavilion?
While talking about Brigham Young University Idaho he said, "I was able to hear a quiet voice in my mind that said, “It’s my school.” -- I have learned that this truly is the Lord's school. And I feel so blessed to have been able to earn my degree here. I am so very grateful for the sacrifice of my Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave all He had to pave the way for me to return to my Him and my loving Heavenly Father and has made it possible for me to attend this great university while preparing to return to Him. 

4 comments:

  1. Laura so cute! You are amazing! Loving the memory lane and you thoughts! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of these pictures and the good memories! We have such a great group of girls :) You are amazing! Thanks for your example :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know we really do!! Oh Brookie, thank you for YOUR example! Love you!

      Delete