I'll be the first to admit that he got me pretty good. Here's how it happened:
Earlier that week we had been talking and reminiscing about past dates we've had and memorable ones. The next day he had asked me to go on a date with him that Friday night. I had thought that he wanted to create a new memorable date for us to remember... silly me ;)
That was Tuesday that he asked, and I kind of forgot about it while I became overwhelmed with deadlines and school work. Thursday I figured something must be up. He received a text from my best friend Kelsey. I picked it up because it was next to me {we usually read a text out loud for the other person, I wasn't being a creeper, I promise!} then he quickly snatched it out of my hand and told me I couldn't read it. Now that was weird. So I tried to figure out why I couldn't look at it. I concluded it was about the date the next evening. I assumed it was some sort of birthday surprise since I wasn't going to be in town when it actually came. The rest of the night and next day I was very suspicious - I even asked him point blank if he had my ring yet {to which he said no, and I can usually tell when he's lying.. I guess he's been practicing his skills!} So I dismissed the idea of a proposal for that night. I discovered that he had been texting not only Kelsey, but also Sarah, Erica and Jake. Now this was unusual. Those were the people closest to me and I had always known what he talked about with them. I thought I was so clever and knew that a big birthday surprise was coming, but decided not to say anything, because its really no fun trying to surprise someone when they guess what it is beforehand.
So, I got dressed and didn't push things. At 6:30 my little brother Jake comes to the door. He said he was to take me to Dan for our date. Strange. He then proceeds to blind fold me once I get in the car and drive around Rexburg for a while. After some time we parked in front of some building. It took me a while to figure out where I was at, it was the Austin Building on campus - where we had that fateful class where we first met. David {Kelsey's husband} was opening the door for me with a candle in his hand. Weird.. followed by Kelsey at the next door also with a candle. I look down the hallway and three more candles light the way; Erica, Tim and Sarah each holding one of them. At some point I'm given a flower and walk in to see the love of my life also standing with a candle.
Meanwhile I was still trying to convince myself that it wasn't real and soon they would break out in a happy birthday song. Instead I got something much better..
He knelt down and asked me to marry him, that's about the time I start crying like a fool and nodding my head. He put the ring on my finger and we all celebrated. {I still can't believe I'm getting married!}
That was all followed by a glorious evening spent with the best friends a girl could ask for, great food at Olive Garden, lots of phone calls, and time spent by the temple talking to my sweet Dan. Life pretty much couldn't get any better. Or can it? ;)
Here are some pictures from the evening:
Yay!!!! So excited my baby sister is getting married... Nicely done Dan!
ReplyDeleteThis is so exciting! Way to be Creative Dan!
ReplyDelete!!!!!! I'm so glad you posted the story. Now we need some close-ups of the RING!
ReplyDelete