"Through all of living have much joy and laughter, life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Seattle Temple

This Saturday Dan and I were able to go to the temple. We have been trying to go for the past month or so, but the temples we tried to go to were closed when we wanted to go. Finally we were able to go when it was open, and I'm so glad!! 

Neither of us had ever been to the Seattle temple, so we were really excited to go. It is so beautiful! It reminded me of the Portland temple (which is still my favorite!) because of all of the trees and landscaping around it, which makes it feel like a little haven (which it is) and helps me to forget about the rest of the world and know that I am in a sacred place. A place where earth and heaven meet and I can feel close to my loving Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ. 


While I was in the temple I kept thinking about how blessed I am to be able to attend the temple so often. This is the farthest I've ever lived from a temple, and it's only about an hour away. That is incredible! I can definitely feel the difference in my life when I don't go, and I feel so grateful for the peace and strength that I feel while I'm there. I hope to be able to take advantage of how close we are and attend as often as we can.

"I feel like there is no place in the world where I feel closer to the Lord than in one of His holy temples."
-President Thomas S. Monson

P.S. if any one reading this has any questions at all regarding temples, what we do in them or anything else, please don't hesitate to ask me. I love to talk about temples, or anything else relating to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. 

No comments:

Post a Comment