"Through all of living have much joy and laughter, life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, March 9, 2012

My life is great!

Lately I have been pretty stressed out and a little down on life. I know, weird, I'm not happy or satisfied with my life all the time! Strange.. ;)
But today I have realized that I do in fact love my life! (I know, maybe a little cliche, but its true!)
I am blessed with SOO many things, please let me share my top 10 reasons (which is hardly anything, lets face it) showing how much I am blessed and why I love my life so much!




1. I have the best fiance ever! He is so sweet to me and helps me see the good in life.  I don't even know what I would do without him anymore!  I can tell him anything and he never makes me feel bad.  He knows just what to do or say to make me feel better or figure things out.








2. I love my family! I am lucky enough to have my little brother at school with me, and my mom was up visiting us last weekend! Other than that they are the BEST. The best brothers, sisters, and parents I could ever ask for!






3. I have awesome friends! (And that includes current and past roommates ;)) They are always giving their support, advice and time for me!












4. I love this university! It is completely amazing to be able to walk anywhere on campus and see so many happy people that are so friendly.  It is also the coolest thing to be able to start each class with a prayer and incorporate true gospel principles into absolutely everything! {even my microbiology class!}





5. That brings me to the gospel.. I feel so extremely blessed to have the knowledge that I do.  To know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me and is looking out for me all the time.  That His son came down and suffered in order for me to have the opportunity to come back and live with him and spend eternity with all of my loved ones.






6. I love prayer and the power it brings in my life.  I know that anytime I want to I can speak to my Heavenly Father and ask for his guidance and direction in my life, I can thank Him for all the many things He has given me and ask Him to keep my loved ones and others safe.







7. I love reading the Book of Mormon and the many things I can learn and apply to my life.  It is packed full of thrilling stories with tons of messages attached to them, courageous people to live up to and principles and applications of things I know to be true.  I know with all of my heart that this is a true book and everything said in it testifies of Jesus Christ.







8. I love sunny days! {that would be today..} I'm not sure what it is, but it just makes you feel better.  You actually want to be outside finally and spend time doing fun things with great people.



9. Being able to wear sandals! It is one of those simple joys I rather miss during the winter time.










10. Good food! Especially when I make it and it tastes better than expected.  Even better when Dan and I do it together and make it a fun activity. But I also don't mind going to a restaurant and getting delicious food without slaving away. ;)






So, that's my story.  Thanks for reading! And I hope that you can see what makes your life great! You can make any day amazing just by remembering a few things God has given you.

1 comment: