So recently one of my good friends started a blog called The Little Delights in Life, every week she posts five little delights about that week. Of course I loved the whole thing. She also does cake tutorials each week, what a fantastic combination! But it got me thinking about blogging in general... why do people blog? What is the purpose of my blog? I suppose a lot of it is kind of like my personal journal, because lets face it, I'm much more likely to blog about something rather than find my journal and sit down and write in it. This just seems much easier. It utilizes pictures in it, which just makes everything that much more memorable and real. But I think there is something else I would like to do with my blog. I am going to kind of copy Brooke here and list a few inspirational things in my life from that week.
So Brooke, thanks for your help in inspiring this blog! I am definitely a huge advocate of family relations and will try and include that each week, along with other things. I also was once a huge fan of the Gives me Hope website, so I think I'll do it kind of like that, but these do not give me hope. I already know of the goodness men can have. Instead I will call is Strengthens my Faith, not in Christ or God, because I know without a doubt that they live and are with me when I am worthy; but rather my faith in man to follow their teachings and follow Christ's example as best they can.
So, without further ado, here it goes!
1. Yesterday I saw a man at the store and could NOT remember for the life of me where I knew him from. I knew we didn't know each other well enough to say hi or ask where I've seen him, but the only thing I could remember about him was that he was always happy. Every time I had seen him I remembered him smiling. It made me think about how I interact with people; if someone could only remember that I am happy or nice to them each time then I would be doing something right! He strengthens my faith.
2. A girl at church accompanied the choir on the piano. She has one arm. It was the most amazing song I have heard in a long time. She strengthens my faith.
3. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday I have an hour between my classes and sit on a bench in the hall getting homework or other things done. A man around my age does the same - which his infant son. He lets him crawl around and plays with him the entire time, never getting frustrated or ignoring him. Then lights up when he sees his sweetheart get out of class. This sacrificing and involved dad strengthens my faith.
I love this!! Great idea! I love YOU! :)
ReplyDelete