"Through all of living have much joy and laughter, life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 21, 2011

Money.. who needs it? Oh yeah.. everyone.

This week the topic of discussion is money and finances.  I know and have always heard that this is the number one reason for divorce.  But I just couldn't believe it.  The more I thought about it the more it actually made sense though.  I've decided money is the devil.  Yes it can help do good and whatnot, but it really just leads to unnecessary drama or consequences.
Ok, maybe I'm being a little dramatic about it, but still the same, I'm not really a fan.  I did think it was interesting though, in one of the talks or in the book (I'm not sure which one..) it mentions how we think if we just had a little more than everything would be ok.  But that is not true at all!  Those with mansions and every toy imaginable may appear to be doing quite nicely, but instead they owe huge sums of money.  On the other hand there are those who have a humble house that fits their needs, but is by no means anything special and yet they don't have the added stress of owing any money on it.  So clearly it is not about having 'a little more' rather how you budget what you DO have and spend that wisely.
I suppose I should start paying more attention now.. not that I just go spending money whenever I please, but I probably spend more than I should a lot of the time and could be making more wise decisions.

Anyway, that's my little rant today.  I'm so glad Thanksgiving is this week! I am pretty sad I can't see my family this year, but there's still a heck of a lot to be thankful for, just keep your eyes pealed and I promise there are more blessings that you can count :)

No comments:

Post a Comment