"Through all of living have much joy and laughter, life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

Monday, November 7, 2011

Mormon Messages

So today I went to the library after class to get some homework done.  I read a talk for one of my classes and took notes on it, and then decided I should do my blogging for the week.  I thought it would be cool to use a video this week to illustrate what we've been talking about in class.  This week is about family stress and crisis.  It was interesting, today Bro. Williams wrote the words opportunity and danger on the board.  Each crisis we face can either strengthen us and our relationships, or tear them apart. Immediately I thought about the Mormon Message about the couple that got into a plane crash and got extremely burned.
Now that is a fantastic video.  But I got a little sidetracked while going to get this video.. if you haven't sat down and watched any of the Mormon Messages, or even if you have, I encourage you to do so.  I sat in the library, ignoring all other homework, watching these for about three hours. There are some pretty amazing people and stories out there that can encourage us to do better in our life.  I have watched  a few of these here and there, but today I have found that I am even more grateful for them each time I watch them.  Kind of like reading the scriptures or praying.
Here are links to a few of my favorites, but I encourage you to search for your favorite and keep watching!
An Apostle's Easter Thoughts on Christ
Opportunities To Do Good
Lessons I Learned As A Boy
A Father Indeed
I am so grateful for the use of technology to share incredible stories with such a widespread audience.  I love this church.  God is great, and loves us so much.  I am grateful for all that He has given me and all of those around me and feel so blessed to be living at this time, and for the opportunity to be at BYU-Idaho and be able to live in an environment that strengthens me so much.  But I know that can continue to happen in many ways throughout my life, through daily scripture study, prayer, and these Mormon Messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment