"Through all of living have much joy and laughter, life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." -President Gordon B. Hinckley

Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 15 - Jake

Today I'm grateful for my little brother Jake.
I have really been missing him and thinking about him lately. A year and a half ago he left for his mission in Hungary, and I couldn't be more proud of him and the person that he is becoming. But it doesn't always make it much easier to not have him around. Jake and I are two years apart and have been best friends since as long as I can remember. {Jake would probably say since he was 3- that's when everything happened ;)} 
I love all of my siblings, but my relationship with Jake is much different than I ever had with my older siblings. It was almost like my parents had two sets of kids, and Jake and I were the younger set.

Jake has always been one of my best friends, who always supported me -- or told me that what I was doing was stupid. He has the best advice and knows me better than most. I'm grateful that my friends have always accepted him as well and that we were able to all hang out together.
I am so grateful that Dan and Jake have really hit it off. Because honestly, if Jake didn't like Dan I'm not sure we would be together now. But more than just approving of Dan, they're close. It helped that we went to school together and spent a lot of time together. I will forever be so grateful for that time. Not only so that I could spend time with my little brother, but also so Dan and Jake could really get to know each other.

I am grateful that before he left on his mission he was able to help me pick my cake, dress and other things for the wedding. I was so bummed that he wouldn't be able to be with me on my wedding day, but I knew that it was how it was supposed to be. Thanks to my awesome mom for making him a part of the wedding day still with this cardboard cutout too ;)


I am so grateful for my little brother. I am so happy that he is able to be in his mission at this time, and I love reading about his experiences. He is becoming an even better man each day. I love and respect him so much and look forward to May so I can see him and give him a huge hug again. :)
{If you would like to see what he's up to, go here}

When we encounter challenges and problems in our lives, it is often difficult for us to focus on our blessings. However, if we reach deep enough and look hard enough, we will be able to feel and recognize just how much we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment