Today I am so grateful for the scriptures. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and it is truly an added strength in my life.
Tonight Dan and I read Alma chapter 36. In it Alma talks to his son about his conversion, and I really loved what he had to say. Not only is the story of his conversion incredible, but how he describes his feelings at the time really help me relate and apply his thoughts and words to my own life.
Part of verse 3 says.. 'Whosever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day.'
I love that! Not only is this chapter about repentance, but also mercy and placing our trust in Him. Later he says that there was nothing so exquisite and bitter as his pains, and yet nothing so exquisite and sweet as his joy. Heavenly Father wants us to feel sorrow for what we have done, but on the other hand He wants us to know that we can be better. He wants to help us be better, and will buoy us up in times of need.
I love the scriptures and am so grateful for all of the hands that kept them safe throughout history.
Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things. … And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things.
No comments:
Post a Comment